Sunday, August 4

Girls Trip - August 2013

So my dad gave my mom a "girls trip" of her choice for her birthday.  So lucky for me she decided to use it to come visit me and invited her mom, my grandma, to join.  WOOHOO! 

I picked up my grandma and mom on thursday from the airport.  We headed to our house, it was fun to show off our new place.  Went to Corner Backer next door for lunch and I walked them around the mall.  Then we headed out to Balboa Island. We did some shopping in the fun, cute boutiques and of course enjoyed a famous frozen banana!  We then headed to Laguna to walk around and enjoy the beautiful weather.  We finished the night with going to dinner at Mama Di's.  Chris met us out there for dinner, it was super yummy (as always).  Us girls then went to our hotel next to Fashion Island near Newport.

The next day we slept in a bit then drove to Breakfast at the yummy Rose Bakery cafe and ate outside in the beautiful sunshine. We then went for a walk along the trails and down to Crystal Cove.  We then headed back the hotel for a bit and laid by the pool. Then we headed to Fashion Island for some shopping.  We just ate at Stone Oven in the food court.  And we ended the night last minute at Sprinkles Cupcakes.  IT was crazy busy, but we got in just before they ran out of most things. 

Then next morning we got ready and checked out of the hotel. We headed to Long Beach. We met Chris and also my other grandma (Grandma Christenson) for lunch at Chili's.  The reason we headed to Long Beach was awhile back I planned to meet up with Grandma Christenson for a quilting expo she was coming down to with her quilting club.  So I lucked out and got to have the three most important women in my life with me!  So we headed to the convention center after lunch. We admired BEAUTIFUL quilts and looked at all the fun products.  It was great to be with both my grandmas and my mom!  We said goodbye to Grandma Christenson, so she could head back home with her group.  Then we headed back to our house.  We had dinner and enjoyed hanging out.

ON Sunday I took my grandma and mom to Church.  Then we came home and took a stroll on the beach in Huntington.  We came back and ate and then unfortunately it was time to take them to the airport. 

Overall it was a GREAT trip and I cherish the time I got to spend with these women who mean so much to me in my life!  Hooray for Girls TRips!

here are some pics...

My Grandma and I in front of our new apartment complex

Balboa Frozen Bananas... YUM!

Mom and I on our walk in Laguna Beach

Grandma and I in Laguna

Beautiful Laguna

After eating at Mama Di's- LOVE this place!

Shopping at Fashion Island

Late night sprinkles run...they were almost all out, phew!
Grandma and I- Love her!

Love these ladies!

Feel so BLESSED to get to be their granddaughter!!!

at the Quilt Festival