Tuesday, July 26

Girls Camp

This year I got to go to our Church's Girls Camp for the week back in June. It was so much fun and brought back lots of memories when I went as a teen.

The theme was F.B.I- Finding Beauty Inside. It focused on self-worth and building our inner beauty. It was an amazing theme and I myself learn a lot and grew as a women.

I got to be a Cabin Angel (or adult Counselor) over a group of First year campers. My Youth Counselors were AWESOME and I had lots of fun getting to know them and also our campers. All the cabins were Natural Beauties of the Earth and we had the GRAND CANYON. So we decided to go with the Indian and desert theme.

I also got the chance to be one of the speakers up at camp- and I was assigned the topic D&C 18:10, which is on the worth of souls. It turned out really good and I was glad that i was able to get my message across to many of the girls. I tied in the Movie Lion King and the part when Mufasa's ghost tell Simba to "REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE".

Also up at our camp all adults and girls after their 4th year get a camp name. Since growing up, my camp I went to did not give names- they had to give me one. Anyway I was given the name TIP TOP, since I guess they think I am always on top of things and in "tip top shape"...who knows, but I love the name.

The week was just incredible and I hope next year I get to go back!