Wednesday, March 21

Spring "Break"

So other than Christmas break- the ONLY break Chris gets from school was a week in February.   We were going to go somewhere but I had a doctor's appointment mid-week that I couldn't change.  So we decided to vacation in our own backyard.  We found a good deal on a week at the Marriott Newport Coast Time Share.  Since we had this big condo to ourselves we invited some other friends from school to join us. 

Here is how our week went...

Sunday: Headed out to the place and enjoyed the evening.  This towel turtle was here to great us in our room.

Monday:  We hit up Disneyland, thanks to my sis-in-law Katie for getting us tickets.  We met the Crismon's there and enjoyed the day- even despite some rain.   Then the Crismon's introduced us to the Pita Jungle for dinner. 


Tuesday: We enjoyed the Laguna Beach Tide Pools with Crismon's, even though we were dummies and didn't think about high tide...oh well.   We tried a new mexican place in Laguna which was GREAT!  It was totally a local high school lunch hot spot! FElt like I was in an episode of "Laguna Beach".   We had some great pool time at the place and then went to Pei Wei for dinner, where the high-light was the cool drink machines- Scott was quite the mixologist!  We concluded the nights with re-learning to play Rook.   At about Midnight I had got awful pains and ended up in the ER with surgery (I will do another post on that).

Wednesday:  Spent most of it in the ER and then came back to the condo and rested.

Thursday:  More just recovering - way to spend a break, right?!  I finally felt somewhat up to going out and Chris and I had yummy bread bowls at Boudin.

Friday:  The Braziers came out to join us.   We had lunch at a fun cafe and walked through Costa Mesa.  We enjoyed time at the pool (me sans-water).  That night the Braziers and us met up with the Woolfords for dinner at Mama Di's.  It was EXCELLENT italian that I recommend to anyone in Newport.  The original plan was to do a beach bonfire but instead we opted for games back at the condo. 

Saturday:  We explored Balboa Island and then went to Little Corona Beach with the Braziers. We enjoyed shakes and the sunset at the Shake Shack.  We also thought it was only appropriate to watch some episodes of the O.C. (season 1) that night. 








Sunday:  For some reason we thought check out was 1:00....but we realized at 9:45 that is was 10:00. So we had a mad dash to pack up everything!  But overall it was a great week.  I am glad we were able to enjoy it (even with the the little medical hiccup!)

4 comments:

Camille said...

Again, I'm so sorry that you had to go to the ER! Not fun at all! But I'm glad you guys had a nice break... looks like fun! It made me want to be there with you. Also, love your hat. I have been looking for one like it, but my head is too dang big that most of them don't fit! I will keep looking :)

Lisa said...

Your pics are so fun! I'm sad to hear you were in the ER :( And surgery doesn't sound like any fun either. My parents stayed at Newport Coast for my graduation and I got to spend some time there--it's so fun! Newport Beach is my favorite part of OC and I can't wait to make it back! Talk to you soon :)

xo Lisa

Whitney said...

Oh, I love that area. Sounds like quite the eventful Spring Break. So sorry about your ER trip and hope you're okay.

les lunettes de soleil lady said...

Good reviews replica louis vuitton 1:1 Very happy with product - much higher quality than I expected and surprised .