Sunday, September 30

My Favorite Month!

September

So September is always one of my favorite times of year... almost surpassing the "Holiday Season".   First I love Fall with it's changing leaves, brisk air, and sense of newness.  Second, September traditionally marks BACK TO SCHOOL.  I have always loved school since I was very little and have never stopped now as a teacher.  I love buying school supplies, figuring out the "first day" outfit and the anticipation of what the year will hold.   Lastly, I love September because it is my birthday month (and also Chris').  Many people as they age dread their birthday... NOT ME!  I think I will always continue to get giddy on my birthday, even when I am 92.


This year September was GREAT!  Here is what we did....

Here is a glimpse into my classroom.  My position is a bit different from a traditional 4th grade.   Students in my class were draw from a lottery from the whole district of students who want to be in our program that has a stronger emphasis on Science and Technology.  I still teach all the other subjects too. There is also a 5th grade class to which we combine with (who have a different teacher, my partner, Mrs. Willis).  So at certain times of the day we have 50 students in my class (of 4th and 5th graders).  Hence why we have large tables not desks so we can fit everyone in.  I sewed all the book bags hanging on the back of the chairs so my students would have more storage.  
We went to Lake Chelan for the weekend to Heidi (my Sister in law) family's cabin to celebrate my Grandma's 85th birthday.  It was fun to be with my dad's side of the family who flew in to celebrate with us too.  Here Chris and I are after our ferry ride up the lake to the remote town of Staheken. 

Chris Hit the big 3-0!  Instead of a cake we made Chris  Rice Krispies, since he LOVES them.  Chris and I got to sneak away to the W hotel in Seattle for a night.  Unfortunately Chris was coming down with a cold too. 

These are a pair of cute Keds Chris picked out on his own  and got me for my birthday. I am so lucky to have a man with good taste! 

We got a groupon for a nice fitness club in the area for the month.   It was nice to get back in the gym!

My Mom and I at the Carrie Underwood Concert- A birthday present for my birthday.  I really hope when I am celebrating my 50th birthday that I will look even half as good as my mom does!  What a beautiful lady! 

Seeing Wicked (again) with my family- another birthday present for Chris and I.  It was wonderful , even the second time... one of my favorites! 

Beautiful Fall Weather on our Class field trip to study the ecology of the Mountain  behind our school. I feel really lucky to live in such a beautiful place and that my class gets to go on pretty cool field trips! 

My Parents invited Chris and I to join them and some of their friends at a Gala to fundraise for  one of the  major health groups in Seattle.  It was fun to get all dressed up and enjoy a fancy dinner and dancing.  We also got to have Parker and Stella join us too.  Parker is Chris' cousin who also was my Sunday School teacher.  So I knew part of the Jones family before I even met Chris... SMALL WORLD! 

1 comments:

Diana Hulme said...

you look like SUCH a great teacher! i can't believe you sewed all those bags - great idea. :)