Wednesday, June 13

Summer 2012


(Okay... totally playing catch up- let's see how much I can remember)

This summer was eventful in the fact that we MOVED!

In June, Chris and I packed up our life in Southern California, shoved most of it in storage, and headed north to Seattle.

We moved in with my gracious parents (and my 14 year old brother, Paydan).   The reason we moved was for a few reasons.  First, Chris is doing his core externships/rotations at Madigan Army Medical Center, south of Tacoma- so he will spend about 6 months there.  Second, so I could hopefully find a teaching job.  Lastly, to try and save some money.

All I have to say about that is that I HATE packing... vehemently!  We were also VERY sad to leave Chris' family and our dear friends.   I also was released from being Young Women's leader at church, which was hard to leave such amazing girls.   I was not so sad to leave my CRAZY preschool job.
cake given to me on the last day of my preschool job
enjoying a last outing to the beach with nieces and nephews
drive up to seattle

In July we pretty much just enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL sunshine here in Seattle, since we usually only get it for a month :)  I dove into my job search too.  I had a few job interviews too.
longboarding

Lake Sammamish
backyard croquet for FHE
Paddle boarding (for the first time)
American Idol concert with my family 
Seattle Underground Tour with (Aunt) Nikol

In August, Chris had to go to Albuquerque for the month for a externship. We drove to California to visit Heather and her kids while there we in town.  We then drove on to New Mexico and I stayed a week with him.  Since we only had one car and Chris had to work all day I usually just stayed at the place and watched movies or the Olympics.   I did go a bit stir crazy- I even resorted to making friendship bracelets to pass the time.
beach day with Chris' family
Crazy Aunt Amanda with Collin
Boredom resulting in bracelets
During this time in NM I had an interview via skype. It went well and a few days later I got a call that I GOT THE JOB.   I was hired as a 4th grade teacher in a Science and Technology Magnet Program at Clark Elementary School in Issaquah.   I felt really blessed to get this job- especially when teaching jobs are hard to come by.
Issaquah School District... my new employer and also the district I grew up in
So the rest of August, Chris was in New Mexico and I was busy with new hire orientations, getting my classroom ready and planning curriculum. I also got to sneak away on a girls weekend with my high school friends at Laura's Lake House and I also joined their book club, which take place on google chat- which leads ultimately to more goofing off than book discussing :)

The Fab 5 (at the lake house)
What our book clubs look like... don't ask

WHAT A WHIRLWIND!