Tuesday, April 30

April 2013

Spring Break

For my spring break I came down to California, since Chris was done here doing a rotation.   IT was a  nice relaxing break...much needed from work.   I timed it just right to be Carter's birthday when I was here. We celebrated him turning nine by playing Lazer Tag and then food and presents at the Nielsen's.  Katie was also kind enough to invite me with her and Libby on one of her mystery shops at Disneyland. It was a beautiful day and lots of fun!  

{Carter and Brady getting ready to play}

{we mean serious business}

{happy birthday Carter!}

{Libby and I at Disneyland}


{one the pretty ponies!}



Other Happenings

I am trying to will myself into enjoying running.  To help I got some new running shoes (which I badly needed) from a New Balance Outlet in California.   I also ran a 5K... on a treadmill.  I know for many people that is nothing- but I think this is the first time I have every ran that far without stopping.  

I also had fun planting a garden with my parents at their house. I am not sure if I have a green thumb or not... I am leaning more towards probably not. 

We also got to go to an M's game, which is always fun- especially when the weather is nice.  Safeco field is one of the best fields when its good weather!

I have fallen in love with KID PRESIDENT... is just wanna kidnap him!  He is so stinking cute!  Anyway, I love his PEP Talk. So for our classroom meeting one week I showed them this picture and afterwards each student wrote one way they are going to make the world a more "awesome" place.  The kids loved it and they all started using the term "like a boss" from the movie, haha! 

{new running shoes}

 {Proof I ran a 5k}


 

{the garden}



{Mariner's game}

 
{KID PRESIDENT "Pep Talk" movie- WATCH if you haven't}


{each student wrote on a circle how they were going to make the world AWESOME  and we hung it in our class}

1 comments:

Katie said...

Yay! glad to see you're blogging again! I am so proud of you for running a 5K. Running is all about personal victories and that is awesome. Pretty soon you'll be running half marathons! It would be so fun to run one with you!